Before Your Visit
Before visiting the Cleveland Eye and Laser Surgery Center your doctor's office will schedule your surgery. Once scheduled, a member of our staff will call you to obtain further information regarding your current medical history and status. At that time we will be happy to answer any questions you or a family member may have regarding the center and your upcoming visit.
Food and drink taken before surgery may cause difficulties when receiving anesthesia. To prevent choking there are a few rules that can help prevent these problems. During your pre-admission telephone call, our nurse will provide you with a few simple instructions as to when you should stop eating and drinking on the day of your surgery. The day before your surgery please call between 11am and 1pm to obtain your time to arrive at the center.
The Day of Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to your surgery, unless your doctor has given you other instructions. You may brush your teeth and rinse your mouth the morning of surgery, but do not swallow any of the water.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing ( a short-sleeved button shirt is best ).
- Please bring all insurance cards and a photo identification card.
- Leave all valuable jewelry at home. If you wear glasses or contacts, bring a case to store them.
- You must have a responsible driver with you on the day of surgery.
- When entering the Center you will first meet with our receptionist.
- You will then meet with a member of our staff and verify medical information, allergies and medications.
- If your insurance company requires a co-pay or deductible, this will be due the day of surgery.
After you have completed your registration you will be taken to the pre-operative area where your nurse will begin to get you ready for surgery. At this time an anesthesia provider will meet with you to discuss your medical history and the type of anesthesia you will receive. Prior to your surgery and before leaving the pre-operative area you will be administered a sedative to help you relax and release any apprehension.
Next, you will be taken from the pre-operative area to where your surgery will be performed.
To Apply for Care Credit click below